Friday, September 18, 2015

Success story : Meg S.

I love a good success story. It always impresses me when people really embrace a challenge. Our fellow athlete, Meg, did just that. She went into the Whole30 dedicated from day 1. In just one month she lost 8 POUNDS (!!!) and, as you can tell from her photo, body fat. What I love more is that she looks happy! She's learning how to live a healthy life. There's also a pretty awesome video of her recent snatch PR floating around the Internet 😊 congratulations Meghan we are all proud of you!

I started Whole30 almost immediately after completing Whole Life Challenge. WLC changed SO much for me and jump-started my good eating habits. I saw a ton of success with 13.4 pounds gone in the 56 days.

Whole30 on the other hand created a whole new experience for me. I combined this with the initiation of 'Zoning' in my diet and saw tremendous results because of it. But I think there were 2 bigger gains I experience during Whole30 that I wouldn't trade for anything. The first being my relationship with food. I had a good amount of cravings throughout the experience, but didn't break. I think the biggest thing that I learned was that for me it's important to have balance. I become so obsessive that all I can think about is the things that I am choosing not to have. As I move into this next step of reintroduction and balancing daily life, I am going to allow myself to enjoy something every two weeks. This will give me the balance of enjoying life and not obsessing over being perfect, but helping me to maintain my results and continue to progress. In addition to that, the improvement I have seen in my workouts is astronomical. I'm lifting heavier, moving faster, and feeling more confident. Never in a million years did I think I would ever be comfortable enough to work out in just my sports bra. Now? I do it every day because it's hot and who cares?!
All in all, the experience of starting CrossFit, which though it's crazy to say, has only been an 8 month experience for me so far has completely changed my life. I'm stronger both physically and mentally. I know how to preserve and cherish the body that I've been given. I know that life is about balance and that no one is perfect. And all of this has given me the true confidence to know that I will reach the fitness goals I have for myself.
I can't thank you enough for your support, the blog posts that popped up just when I needed them and for being a resource. As of today, I am down 8 pounds in this 30 days and couldn't be happier. I am looking to lose 5% more body fat to reach a goal I never thought would be possible. And now, I can celebrate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment