Monday, August 24, 2015

High performance fuel

I try to read articles/books/blogs that focus my efforts when I'm participating in a challenge. I feel like it solidifies my commitment and sometimes it's all I need to help me walk away from that tub of ice cream my MIL left in my fridge (true story). This article (http://sealfit.com/sealfit-blog-a-30-day-challenge/) from Mark Devine of SEALfit is one of those articles that hit home for me. I personally see treats as just that, treats. So when I see athletes posting about how they are making "gainz " eating Oreos I often wonder how that's hindering their potential success.
Use this challenge to see how whole food actually gives you real "gainz". Don't trick yourself into thinking all calories are created equal, because they are not. Inflammatory food choices are HURTING you at a cellular level. Oreos are delicious, yes, but can you live without them for 30 days? Yes. Can you realize at the end of this month that Oreos (insert junk food of choice here) are not "gainz"? Yes! Just think about all that hard work in the gym, work that hard on your diet and I promise you will be happy with the results you see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment