Sunday, August 23, 2015

Welcome to the party! (and some light reading)

I'd like to say "Welcome!" to the CFME athletes that are joining the Whole30 this Monday! I'm so excited to have you! Maybe some of you were hesitant to start last week. But guess what?! The people who are a week in already are reporting back some pretty awesome and powerful stuff.
If you are starting this week ...

  1. print out your calendar (see earlier blog post) and label from 8/24-9/20
  2. Prep!!!!
  3. Do Monday's WOD so you can repeat and see your progress
  4. weigh (once) and take some pictures
  5. Let me know if you have questions
Now for your reading assignment. Please take the time to read THIS ARTICLE and it's sequel, ARTICLE (PART 2). Melissa Hartwig, co-creator of the Whole30, goes over the WHY's of the Whole30 - specifically why it is strict for 30 days. I love her analogy to the "Sugar Dragon" and I have read this several times, especially when I am craving a treat. Tomorrow I will post another article from another health/wellness expert, and former navy seal (not Zach ;) ) so tune in for that. 

GOOD LUCK on week 2 for all of you who started last week! Stick with it, you will be SO proud of yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment